Sunday, July 5, 2009

Nico's gourmet kitchen

John and I have been working on making a play kitchen for Nico for the past few weeks and it's finally done! It turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself. We went to Home Depot and bought some wood, had it cut down to size and then put it all together. John's dad was a great help and let us use lots of tools. He cut a nice round hole in the top so we could drop the sink in. I sanded and painted and stained the whole thing and made a back splash. John attached a little towel rack and knobs (which are really just drawer pulls) and I finished it off by sewing a curtain to cover the bottom. All in all, it was pretty easy and pretty economical. Much more so than buying a pre-made wooden kitchen. And I think it actually turned out much nicer than those you can buy in the stores. Nico really enjoys playing with it, too. Of course, his favorite thing to do is remove the sink (we didn't glue it in yet because we're hoping to find a stainless steel bowl that will fit) and drop all of his pots/pans/food down the hole. He even brings things in from the playroom to drop down there. I found a deck of cards in there the other day. Silly boy.





No comments: