Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun in the Sun

We've been having some really nice weather lately, so I decided to buy Nico a little kiddie pool for the back yard. I got up early and filled it up because I knew the water would be really cold. I was hoping the sun would warm it before I put the kids in. Unfortunately, it didn't warm it quite enough. When I first put Nico in, he wasn't too sure about it. But after I got him some toys and splashed around with him for a minute, he had lots of fun. Charlotte, on the other hand, was another story. When we first went outside, I sat her down on the grass. Well, that angered the little miss. Apparently she doesn't like grass. Who knew? Then I put her in the pool and that made her even more upset. She screamed her little head off til I took her out. So I brought a blanket and some toys out and she sat there perfectly happy while Nico splashed and played in the pool. I can't say as I really blame her for not wanting to get in the water. It was rather cold. Later that afternoon, I took Nico back out and the water was much more pleasant.

Here they are, enjoying the sunshine! Oh, he had to bring the rake into the pool.















And here's Charlotte all nice and warm in the sun on her blanket.

No comments: