Thursday, June 11, 2009

Big boy pants

Nico has become just too comfortable in diapers. At least, that's my opinion. The boy would literally sit in the same diaper from morning to night if I let him. He never complains about being wet or dirty. That's one reason we do so much time running around in just a diaper; because then I know when he wets, at least. So I decided to see what would happen if I put him in some training pants. I found a great pattern online and ordered it. For my first pair, I just used some fabric that I had around the house. I didn't want to invest too much into this little project, in case it just didn't work out. I spent a couple hours sewing them up one afternoon and then we gave them a try. (Pictures to follow.) He wore them for a good hour and half to two hours before he wet them. And when he did, he came running right to me! So, I'm really hoping that wearing the trainers every once in a while will at least get him to recognize the sensation of going.

Today, I decided to take it a step further. Before he went down for a nap, I checked his diaper. He was totally dry. So we went to the bathroom, pulled out the stool and stood in front of the toilet. (He refuses to sit on either the little potty chair or the big potty. Go figure.) He stood there for a while and I made "pssssss" noises. I even turned the water on for him because that's worked in the past. Nothing. He was getting a little fidgety, so I decided just to put him back in the diaper. Of course, right after I take him off the stool, he stands in front of the bath tub and pees! I think my child is a little hard headed.

And now for the pictures. (I know that's the real reason you all come here.)
First, my handy work.


And now for the model.






Look at that cute little tushie!

1 comment:

Tori said...

You did such a good job! It's so cute to see the transition from fluffy butts to tiny hineys LOL